2001: An Anaerobe Odyssey
August 12, 2001 -- 2 pm-5 pm
UCLA Faculty Center, Los Angeles, CA
The Anaerobe Society of the Americas and the Infectious Disease Asssociation of California present 2001: An Anaerobe Odysseyat the UCLA Faculty Center in Los Angeles, CA. The symposium celebrates the 80th birthday of Dr. Sydney M. Finegold, noted anaerobe researcher and Founding President of the Anaerobe Society.
The symposium will feature a series of short presentations on a variety of topics related to anaerobes by colleagues of Dr. Finegold, and case vignettes by a number of infectious diseases physicians and microbiologists who were trained under Dr. Finegold. The tentative program includes (in alaphbetical order):
Registration: Registration is Free for current ASA and IDAC members.
- Ellen Baron -- Speculations on the Microbiology Laboratory of the Future
- Diane Citron -- Changes in the Genus Fusobacterium
- Sydney Finegold -- The Possible Role of Intestinal Flora in Autism
- Ellie Goldstein -- Therapy of Anaerobic Infections
- David Hecht -- Evolution of Anaerobic Susceptibility Testing
- Hannele Jousimies-Somer -- The Taxonomic Evolution of Gram-negative Anaerobes
- Carl Nord -- The Status of Research on Anaerobes in Europe
- Haroun Shah -- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics: A New Era in Anaerobic Microbiology
- Dennis Stevens -- Clostridial Toxins
- Kazue Ueno -- The Status of Research on Anaerobes in Japan
- Hannah Wexler -- Outer Membrane Proteins of Gram-negative Anaerobes
Case Vignettes: Interesting Anaerobic Infections that I Have Seen:
by Chris Bailey, John McCarthy, Alan Morgenstein/Milt Louie, and Sandra Wallace
Registration for Non-Members is $30 per attendee.
Seating is limited. Registration is available on a first-come basis.
For registration information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org